Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training and Certification is the “Survival-kit” teaching anyone the nuts and bolts of fundamental Lean and Six Sigma concepts and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process improvement methodology.
The learning outcomes cover principles that apply to everyone in an organization requiring a clear, practical understanding of continuous improvement best practices as a sound basis for identifying and correcting problems. It also provides skills for mapping processes and collecting data, important groundwork for continuous improvement projects to be effective.
The training is highly interactive and includes many exercises and simulations that demonstrate how waste and variation occurs in a process and more importantly, how to use Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate to learn to see processes, value and waste, make data-based decisions, set clear goals and targets and break down organizational barriers and silos to drive greater operational efficiency.
How you benefit
- Acquire the mindset and knowledge of basic Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to be able to create the foundation for continuous improvement
- Learn how to solve problems in any setting by understanding the fundamentals of process variation and waste and its affect on organizational performance
- Equips you with a methodology, Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) roadmap to identify and correct problems
- Discover how to measure and put continuous improvement thinking into actions
- Apply new skills for collecting and analyzing data and a toolkit to deliver continuous improvement results
Yellow Belt Training and Certification is designed for professionals from a wide range of industries and business dynamics (manufacturing, service or transactional) involved in business improvement, either as part of their everyday job role or as a project team member:
- Seeking to learn new problem solving approaches and skills to initiate and implement change
- Who want to create the foundation to strengthen their organization’s continuous improvement capability
While individual participants are welcome, participation is encouraged from several individuals within the same organisation, who are current or potential members of a change implementation team.
Interest in developing basic continuous improvement skills
Exam and Certification
Online Exam: 20 questions
Duration: 30 min.
Pass mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Yellow Belt multiple choice final exam
Every company’s needs, culture, areas of focus and strategy are different. Therefore sometimes, simply putting people on a course isn’t enough to make the difference.
Just as your needs are unique, your training solution needs to be unique too if it is to truly make the difference and bring about the behavioural change you seek – which ultimately gives you a competitive advantage and more importantly, a return on your investment.
One of the biggest challenges of learning and applying continuous improvement is sustaining the momentum needed to achieve results. Designed around a series of brief doing and learning activities, Group Training provides direct and on-going engagement with our qualified Master Black Belt experts who bring substantial business and organizational experience working in both traditional ways, one to one, face to face or remotely.
The Group Training course consists of a combination of Instructor-led virtual training blended with self-study online learning. It can be tailored to include as few as a single on-site session, or may be done completely virtually. The timing and content for the coaching sessions are agreed in advance to provide maximum impact/benefit to the participants and their projects.
- The delivery style – classroom, virtual, eLearning, or a combination through blended learning.
- Choice of format and duration – to allow for an Action Learning Project (ALP) to be completed alongside the learning.
- The support needed – one-to-one coaching, group coaching and eLearning access duration.
- Additional case studies and subjects to include – pick out the additional topics or subjects that you want to learn.
- Timing – number of days at a time, start time, finish time, weekends, evenings, day shift or night shift.
- Certification – real projects, case studies or examinations with no projects.
- Projects – Develop new or use industry, company specific case studies.
- Feedback – access to our systems, monthly reports and discussions with trainers.
- Customized and branded courseware also translated in several languages.
- Guest speakers and benchmarking site visits built into training sessions.
Action Learning Project
Action Learning Projects (ALPs) are guided ‘real-world assignments’ and a core element of Game Change Group Training, designed to increase business impact, and to enable you to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of your actual job and organization.
Group Training centres around a specific Action Learning Project related to the learning objectives of your organization, allowing you to test ideas in a risk-free environment, then devise a realistic strategy plan that can be executed once you return to work.
Working with our Master Black Belt coach, you will design an ALP that is right for your organization and your personal learning objectives.
There are three phases to the ALP process:
- First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the MBB coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete goal.
- Second, in each of the nine content weeks, you will work as a team to apply the tools and concepts learned during that week to your ALP.
- Third, at the end of the content weeks, you will synthesize your learning and to develop concrete strategic recommendations for your organization, and submit them for team review. In the final week of the programme, the team review will take place and this will be facilitated by a Game Change Master Black Belt. During this team review participants will review the submissions and provide peer feedback. The final ALP and peer review process normally takes place between 10-14 days after the programme content finishes.
Game Change’s unique approach to Group Training can be tailored to include:
On-site Project Coaching: Project-focused discussion and one-on-one review sessions with a project leader or team.
Virtual Coaching: Typically 1-3 hour sessions with a Master Black Belt connected to participants via Zoom.
Project Toll-gate Reviews: Arranged around the DMAIC problem solving roadmap, facilitated review and assessment of key deliverables and application of Lean Six Sigma techniques during project implementation.
Facilitated Workshops: Led by a dedicated trainer and coach who can focus on your individual needs and help broaden understanding of key topics and guide you to achieve your learning objectives and leave you with specific takeaways and immediate next steps.
Curriculum and Course Format
Instructor-led Live Virtual Sessions
Action Learning Project (ALP)
ALP Tollgate Review
Customize your team training experience
Choice of delivery format (E-Learning, Virtual, Face-to-Face or a mix of all three).
Delivered when, where, and how you want it.
Full-scale programme development.
Expert team coaching.
A dedicated online learning environment for your organization.
Progress tracking towards project completion and certification.
Do you have a training need or a group project you want to talk to us about
The quickest, easiest and most engaging way to get individuals and companies on track with Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools.