Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training and Certification is the “Survival-kit” teaching anyone the nuts and bolts of fundamental Lean and Six Sigma concepts and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process improvement methodology.
The learning outcomes cover principles that apply to everyone in an organization requiring a clear, practical understanding of continuous improvement best practices as a sound basis for identifying and correcting problems. It also provides skills for mapping processes and collecting data, important groundwork for continuous improvement projects to be effective.
The training is highly interactive and includes many exercises and simulations that demonstrate how waste and variation occurs in a process and more importantly, how to use Lean and Six Sigma tools to see processes, value and waste, make data-based decisions, set clear goals and targets and break down organizational barriers and silos to drive greater operational efficiency.
How you benefit
- Acquire the mindset and knowledge of basic Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to be able to create the foundation for continuous improvement
- Learn how to solve problems in any setting by understanding the fundamentals of process variation and waste and its affect on organizational performance
- Equips you with a methodology, Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) roadmap to identify and correct problems
- Discover how to measure and put continuous improvement thinking into actions
- Apply new skills for collecting and analyzing data and a toolkit to deliver continuous improvement results
Yellow Belt Training and Certification is designed for professionals from a wide range of industries and business dynamics (manufacturing, service or transactional) involved in business improvement, either as part of their everyday job role or as a project team member:
- Seeking to learn new problem solving approaches and skills to initiate and implement change
- Who want to create the foundation to strengthen their organization’s continuous improvement capability
While individual participants are welcome, participation is encouraged from several individuals within the same organisation, who are current or potential members of a change implementation team.
Interest in developing basic continuous improvement skills
Exam and Certification
Online Exam: 20 questions
Duration: 30 min.
Pass mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Yellow Belt multiple choice final exam
Imagine an online classroom that takes you inside successful organizations, surrounds you with top Lean Six Sigma experts and puts innovative learning tools at your fingertips. Game Change has developed a unique online learning platform to help continuous improvement professionals integrate Lean and Six Sigma thinking with their business thinking for successful innovative problem-solving.
Learn at your own pace and spend as long as you need on challenging topics before moving on.
Our bespoke learning platform, the Bootcamp, houses and supports the learning experience. This platform was developed from the ground up to provide learners with an interactive, engaging, and flexible learning environment which is accessible on any device, at any time. It comes with messaging tools and discussion boards to connect you with your peers and tutors, so you can be sure there will always be someone to talk to if you need help during and after your training is complete.
Join a community of continuous improvement professionals who will support you during and long after the course is over. Developing the online Bootcamp learning platform in-house has allowed us to create an online learning experience tailored for individuals who have to balance high-pressure professional commitments alongside a rigorous learning programme.
Our platform provides a single source for all materials and communications related to your studies, making it quick and easy to manage your learning. It has many features which provide a world-class learning experience:
- Course and module updates through our activity feed, which highlight important news, events, and current affairs related to your modules
- An intuitive user interface to keep track of your progress and important deadlines
- 24/7 access to all programme materials, on any device
- Notifications to ensure you don’t miss any critical updates
- Collaborative exercises to build an online community
- Messaging tools and discussion boards to connect you with your peers and tutors
- An interactive video player with transcripts and speed controls
Curriculum and Course Format
1.0 INTRODUCTION TO YELLOW BELT LEAN SIX SIGMA TRAINING
Recognize why organizations use lean and six sigma, how they apply its philosophy and goals, and the origins and how non-value add activities and process inputs and outputs impact the larger organization.
Understand the relationship between lean and six sigma.
1.01 YB Course Introduction
1.02 Lean Six Sigma Overview
1.03 Introduction to Lean
1.04 The Origin of Lean
1.05 Foundations of Lean
1.06 What is Lean Quality?
1.07 Summary – Introduction to Lean
1.08 Six Sigma DMAIC Overview
1.09 Process Variation
1.10 Key Principles and Foundation
1.11 DMAIC Improvement Roadmap
1.12 Belt Structure for Skills Development
1.13 Summary – Six Sigma DMAIC Overview
1.14 Integration of Lean and Six Sigma to drive On- Time, On-Quality and On Cost performance
Define the problem, the process and the customer needs.
2.1 Problem Definition
2.2 Define the Process – SIPOC Thinking
2.3 Understand Voice of Customer (VOC)
2.4 Summary – Define Phase
Map the process and measure and baseline the current process performance.
3.1 Process Mapping
3.2 Develop Process Metrics
3.3 Collect Data
3.4 Data Visualization
3.5 Summary – Measure Phase
Identify the root causes of problems and waste within the process.
4.1 Sources of Process Variation
4.2 Cause and Effect Analysis
4.3 Value and Non-value Add Analysis
4.4 Eliminating Waste
4.5 Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
4.6 Summary – Analyze Phase
Identify, select, implement and verify solutions to address root causes.
5.1 Generate Potential Solutions
5.2 Select the Best Solutions
5.3 Basic Lean Tools
5.4 Implementation Planning
5.5 Summary – Improve Phase
Sustain the gains, establish visual management and a continuous improvement culture.
6.1 Key Elements of Process Management
6.2 Visual Management
6.3 Summary – Control Phase
Learning Outcomes Reviewed
Quizzes Segmented and embedded during and at the end of each DMAIC Phase
Final Exam Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Total Estimated Time to Complete Yellow Belt Training & Certification:
- 24 hours self-paced eLearning with Integrated Roadmaps and Quizzes (12 month access)
- 12 month free access to Yellow Belt Bootcamp Learning Platform, Toolkit, Case Studies and Downloadable Resources
- Yellow Belt Online Exam and Electronic Certificate
- Unlimited Practice Exams and Re-sits free of charge
- Email Tutor support via discussion groups
The quickest, easiest and most engaging way to get individuals and companies on track with Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools.