Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification equips you with “Advanced Practitioner Level” perspectives and skills in process variability reduction (DMAIC), process waste reduction (LEAN) and a comprehensive toolkit to plan and lead change in your organization.
This course builds upon your Green Belt knowledge to expand your Lean Six Sigma expertise, strengthen your knowledge and skill sets, and gives you the confidence you need to take that next step as a continuous improvement professional and return back to your organization with a greater level of analytical, project implementation and change leadership skills.
You walk away with the learning and the know-how. This means not just focus on the “what” to do but the “how” to do it, with greater emphasis on typical project barriers and “hints” and “tips” on “how” to overcome using case studies and compelling best practices as part of the learning experience.
Come with a change initiative
What are change initiatives?
Change initiatives are usually plans and actions aiming at implementing a process transformation in an organization that could result in a change of the culture, communication, human resource, logistics, and etc. Change initiatives come from all geographies, industries and career levels, so it’s hard to generalise.
Common examples of challenges
- Creating a company-wide culture of customer focus or digitalizing a product or service
- Motivating employees to accept changes in a continuously changing business environment
- Adopting a new organizational solution and making sure it’s fully implemented
- Setting up a new system in an overseas subsidiary – with a lot of push-back from local employees
- Facing the changes in employment/process/system due to taking over new markets or companies or being acquired by others.
Why are they important in this programme?
Having a change initiative(s) allows participants to contribute their unique experiences, personalise the tools to their own situation and make an impact back at the workplace. By the end, they have a clear set of priorities and are ready to create an action plan that can be used immediately upon their return to work.
It is not necessary but recommended that applicants have at least one change initiative, which allows them to adopt a learn by doing approach to apply learning outcomes to a real world scenario(s).
How you benefit:
- Sustain actionable knowledge. Harness information you already have into a solid understanding of how to build sustainable processes and structures to enhance your organization’s capability
- More competent as a manager. Become a more competent and confident manager with new insights, knowledge and skills.
- Elevate key skills in change leadership, analyzing data and decision making to take on greater responsibility to pinpoint and manage performance shortfalls
- Insights on where to focus attention to influence change in your organization and how to identify, scope and charter continuous improvement projects
- Master the skills you need to combine statistical and quantitative methods with the interpersonal skills required to influence, inform and drive change
- Develop coaching skills to guide team members and advise management during Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Come with a change initiative (optional) to apply the learning in your personal or your organization’s context
Black Belt Training and Certification is designed for Certified Green Belt’s from a wide variety of manufacturing, service and transactional organizations either currently involved with, or who aspire to, or have recently gained continuous improvement responsibilities;
- Seeking to develop in-depth knowledge and analytical skills in process variability reduction (DMAIC) and process waste reduction (Lean)
- Who want to strengthen their ability to lead change and enhance their organization’s continuous improvement capability
- Participants coming in groups/teams to collaborate on an Action Learning project tailored to their organization’s context
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate either with Game Change or another bonafide training provider
(evidence required prior to course start).
Exam and Certification
Exam: 50 Questions
Duration: 70 min.
Pass Mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Black Belt multiple choice final exam
Participants commit to a series of 5 x 8 hour days of intense face-to-face Accelerated learning. The training is practical, precise with no corners cut. Don’t expect an easy ride, you are there to learn and learn you will.
Our typical training class includes a mix of international participants from a wide variety of industries who bring their experiences to the classroom for in-depth and stimulating learning sessions with fellow participants and instructor’s, so you will take a collaborative approach to the subject matter.
Many of today’s leading organizations and educational institutions are benefiting from the power of Accelerated Learning. Game Change has pioneered and delivered this teaching and learning method for Lean Six Sigma face-to-face training. What makes Accelerated Learning so effective is that it’s based on the way we all naturally learn.
People learn best in context. Facts and skills learned in isolation are hard to absorb and quick to evaporate. The best learning comes from doing the work itself in a continual process of “real-world” immersion, feedback, reflection, evaluation and re-immersion.
Gain insight from world-class Master Black Belt Instructor’s and points of view from people who have faced the real world scenarios in managing the change resistance and barriers to implementation. Expert’s who practice what they preach and believe in their ability to demonstrate the “How” as well as the “What” to do, including compelling best practices and benchmarking opportunities as part of the learning experience.
Case studies and group tutorials conducted during the classroom sessions are designed to ensure you gain a practical understanding of systematically selecting and applying appropriate methods and tools.
The learning outcomes are individually assessed through the final exam on the on the last day of the course.
Curriculum and Course Format
Next Course Dates
Face-to-Face Classroom Training 5 Day x 8 Hours
20th Mar – 24th Mar 2023
19th June – 23rd June 2023
11th Sep – 15th Sep 2023
11th Dec – 15th Dec 2023
8th May – 12th May 2023
6th Nov – 10th Nov 2023
Classroom training sessions take place in-person between 09:00 to 17:00 BST / 08.00 to 16:00 UTC
Estimated time to complete
Course Fee (excluding VAT)
- 5 days classroom training
- Lunch and refreshments for the course duration
- Printed and eLearning course modules (12 month access)
- 12 month free access to Black Belt Bootcamp Learning Platform, Toolkit, Case Studies and Downloadable Resources
- Black Belt Online Exam and Electronic Certificate
- Unlimited Practice Exams and Re-sits free of charge
- Email Tutor support via discussion groups
The quickest, easiest and most engaging way to get individuals and companies on track with Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools.