Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification equips you with “Advanced Practitioner Level” perspectives and skills in process variability reduction (DMAIC), process waste reduction (LEAN) and a comprehensive toolkit to plan and lead change in your organization.
This course builds upon your Green Belt knowledge to expand your Lean Six Sigma expertise, strengthen your knowledge and skill sets, and gives you the confidence you need to take that next step as a continuous improvement professional and return back to your organization with a greater level of analytical, project implementation and change leadership skills.
You walk away with the learning and the know-how. This means not just focus on the “what” to do but the “how” to do it, with greater emphasis on typical project barriers and “hints” and “tips” on “how” to overcome using case studies and compelling best practices as part of the learning experience.
Come with a change initiative
What are change initiatives?
Change initiatives are usually plans and actions aiming at implementing a process transformation in an organization that could result in a change of the culture, communication, human resource, logistics, and etc. Change initiatives come from all geographies, industries and career levels, so it’s hard to generalise.
Common examples of challenges
- Creating a company-wide culture of customer focus or digitalizing a product or service
- Motivating employees to accept changes in a continuously changing business environment
- Adopting a new organizational solution and making sure it’s fully implemented
- Setting up a new system in an overseas subsidiary – with a lot of push-back from local employees
- Facing the changes in employment/process/system due to taking over new markets or companies or being acquired by others.
Why are they important in this programme?
Having a change initiative(s) allows participants to contribute their unique experiences, personalise the tools to their own situation and make an impact back at the workplace. By the end, they have a clear set of priorities and are ready to create an action plan that can be used immediately upon their return to work.
It is not necessary but recommended that applicants have at least one change initiative, which allows them to adopt a learn by doing approach to apply learning outcomes to a real world scenario(s).
How you benefit:
- Sustain actionable knowledge. Harness information you already have into a solid understanding of how to build sustainable processes and structures to enhance your organization’s capability
- More competent as a manager. Become a more competent and confident manager with new insights, knowledge and skills.
- Elevate key skills in change leadership, analyzing data and decision making to take on greater responsibility to pinpoint and manage performance shortfalls
- Insights on where to focus attention to influence change in your organization and how to identify, scope and charter continuous improvement projects
- Master the skills you need to combine statistical and quantitative methods with the interpersonal skills required to influence, inform and drive change
- Develop coaching skills to guide team members and advise management during Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Action Learning Project to apply the learning in your personal or your organization’s context
Black Belt Training and Certification is designed for Certified Green Belt’s from a wide variety of manufacturing, service and transactional organizations either currently involved with, or who aspire to, or have recently gained continuous improvement responsibilities;
- Seeking to develop in-depth knowledge and analytical skills in process variability reduction (DMAIC) and process waste reduction (Lean)
- Who want to strengthen their ability to lead change and enhance their organization’s continuous improvement capability
- Participants coming in groups/teams to collaborate on an Action Learning project tailored to their organization’s context
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate either with Game Change or another bonafide training provider
(evidence required prior to course start).
Exam and Certification
Exam: 50 Questions
Duration: 70 min.
Pass Mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Black Belt multiple choice final exam
“Develop the competencies to build and align an effective change team”. Every company’s needs, culture, areas of focus and strategy are different. Therefore sometimes, simply putting people on a course isn’t enough to make the difference.
Just as your needs are unique, your training solution needs to be unique too if it is to truly make the difference and bring about the behavioural change you seek – which ultimately gives you a competitive advantage and more importantly, a return on your investment.
One of the biggest challenges of learning and applying continuous improvement is sustaining the momentum needed to achieve results. Designed around a series of brief doing and learning activities, Group Training provides direct and on-going engagement with our qualified Master Black Belt experts who bring substantial business and organizational experience working in both traditional ways, one to one, face to face or remotely.
Action Learning Project
Action Learning Projects (ALPs) are guided ‘real-world assignments’ and a core element of Game Change Group Training, designed to increase business impact, and to enable you to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of your actual job and organization. Allowing you to test ideas in a risk-free environment, then devise a realistic strategy plan that can be executed once you return to work.
Working with our Master Black Belt coach, you will design an ALP that is right for your organization and your personal learning objectives.
There are three phases to the ALP process:
- First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the MBB coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete goal.
- Second, in each of the 15 content weeks, you will work as a team to apply the tools and concepts learned during that week to your ALP.
- Third, at the end of the content weeks, you will synthesize your learning and develop concrete strategic recommendations for your organization, and submit them for team review. In the final week of the programme, the team review will take place and this will be facilitated by a Game Change Master Black Belt. During this team review participants will review the submissions and provide peer feedback. The final ALP and peer review process normally takes place between 10-14 days after the programme content finishes.
Game Change’s unique approach to Group Training can be tailored to include:
On-site Project Coaching: Project-focused discussion and one-on-one review sessions with a project leader or team.
Virtual Coaching: Typically 1-3 hour sessions with a Master Black Belt connected to participants via Zoom.
Project Toll-gate Reviews: Arranged around the DMAIC problem solving roadmap, facilitated review and assessment of key deliverables and application of Lean Six Sigma techniques during project implementation.
Facilitated Workshops: Led by a dedicated trainer and coach who can focus on your individual needs and help broaden understanding of key topics and guide you to achieve your learning objectives and leave you with specific takeaways and immediate next steps.
This course can be tailored to include as few as a single on-site session, or may be done completely virtually. The timing and content for the coaching sessions are agreed in advance to provide maximum impact/benefit to the participants and their projects.
- The delivery style – classroom, virtual, eLearning, or a combination through blended learning.
- Choice of format and duration – to allow for an Action Learning Project (ALP) to be completed alongside the learning.
- The support needed – one-to-one coaching, group coaching and eLearning access duration.
- Additional case studies and subjects to include – pick out the additional topics or subjects that you want to learn.
- Timing – number of days at a time, start time, finish time, weekends, evenings, day shift or night shift.
- Certification – real projects, case studies or examinations with no projects.
- Projects – Develop new or use industry, company specific case studies.
- Feedback – access to our systems, monthly reports and discussions with trainers.
- Customized and branded courseware also translated in several languages.
- Guest speakers and benchmarking site visits built into training sessions.
Curriculum and Course Format
Instructor-led Live Virtual Sessions
Action Learning Project (ALP)
ALP Tollgate Review
Estimated time to complete
Customize your team training experience
Choice of delivery format (E-Learning, Virtual, Face-to-Face or a mix of all three).
Delivered when, where, and how you want it.
Full-scale programme development.
Expert team coaching.
A dedicated online learning environment for your organization.
Progress tracking towards project completion and certification.
Do you have a training need or a group project
you want to talk to us about
The quickest, easiest and most engaging way to get individuals and companies on track with Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools.