Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification will take you on a hands-on learning journey that will help you develop the skills you need to create and implement actionable plans that can help your organization serve customers effectively and efficiently.
The course sets out with an understanding of the fundamental principles of the Lean and Six Sigma, tools and techniques and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process improvement roadmap. It focuses on how to collaborate to identify process waste, solve problems, manage change and implement significant and sustainable results.
By elevating your problem solving and analytical skills, you will return to work, able to develop and support a continuous improvement culture within your organization. A culture that is capable of confidently creating and sustaining innovative efforts.
How you benefit
- Learn how to lead process improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma principles and toolkit using the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Equipped to deliver customer satisfaction, business efficiency, on time and on quality productivity improvements in any organizational context
- Roadmaps for performance-oriented results: Access resources for creating vision and setting direction to guide individuals, teams and organizations to create a continuous improvement culture that is capable of confidently creating and sustaining improvement efforts
- Facilitate good decision making through the use of statistical data driven tools and techniques
- Acquire the mindset and skills to collaborate with others to identify waste, solve problems, manage change and implement significant and sustainable process improvements
- Return to work able to develop and support a continuous improvement culture within your organization.
Green Belt Training and Certification is designed for team members, supervisors, project manager’s, functional and technical experts, consultants, senior executives from a wide variety of manufacturing, service and transactional organizations;
- Seeking to learn new problem solving approaches to develop and integrate cutting-edge best practices into their business processes and organizational culture.
- Participants coming in groups/teams to collaborate on Action Learning Project tailored to their organization’s context.
Interest in developing practitioner level continuous improvement skills
Exam and Certification
Online Exam: 30 questions
Duration: 40 min.
Pass mark: 70%
Achieve 70% pass mark in the Green Belt multiple choice final exam
“Develop the competencies to build and align an effective change team”. Every company’s needs, culture, areas of focus and strategy are different. Therefore sometimes, simply putting people on a course isn’t enough to make the difference.
Just as your needs are unique, your training solution needs to be unique too if it is to truly make the difference and bring about the behavioural change you seek – which ultimately gives you a competitive advantage and more importantly, a return on your investment.
One of the biggest challenges of learning and applying continuous improvement is sustaining the momentum needed to achieve results. Designed around a series of brief doing and learning activities, Group Training provides direct and on-going engagement with our qualified Master Black Belt experts who bring substantial business and organizational experience working in both traditional ways, one to one, face to face or remotely.
Action Learning Project
Action Learning Projects (ALPs) are guided ‘real-world assignments’ and a core element of Game Change Group Training, designed to increase business impact, and to enable you to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of your actual job and organization.
Group Training centres around a specific Action Learning Project related to the learning objectives of your organization, allowing you to test ideas in a risk-free environment, then devise a realistic strategy plan that can be executed once you return to work.
Working with our Master Black Belt coach, you will design an ALP that is right for your organization and your personal learning objectives.
There are three phases to the ALP process:
- First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the MBB coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete goal.
- Second, in each of the twelve content weeks, you will work as a team to apply the tools and concepts learned during that week to your ALP.
- Third, at the end of the content weeks, you will synthesize your learning and develop concrete strategic recommendations for your organization, and submit them for team review. In the final week of the programme, the team review will take place and this will be facilitated by a Game Change Master Black Belt. During this team review participants will review the submissions and provide peer feedback. The final ALP and peer review process normally takes place between 10-14 days after the programme content finishes.
Game Change’s unique approach to Group Training can be tailored to include:
On-site Project Coaching: Project-focused discussion and one-on-one review sessions with a project leader or team.
Virtual Coaching: Typically 1-3 hour sessions with a Master Black Belt connected to participants via Zoom.
Project Toll-gate Reviews: Arranged around the DMAIC problem solving roadmap, facilitated review and assessment of key deliverables and application of Lean Six Sigma techniques during project implementation.
Facilitated Workshops: Led by a dedicated trainer and coach who can focus on your individual needs and help broaden understanding of key topics and guide you to achieve your learning objectives and leave you with specific takeaways and immediate next steps.
- The delivery style – classroom, virtual, eLearning, or a combination through blended learning.
- Choice of format and duration – to allow for an Action Learning Project (ALP) to be completed alongside the learning.
- The support needed – one-to-one coaching, group coaching and eLearning access duration.
- Additional case studies and subjects to include – pick out the additional topics or subjects that you want to learn.
- Timing – number of days at a time, start time, finish time, weekends, evenings, day shift or night shift.
- Certification – real projects, case studies or examinations with no projects.
- Projects – Develop new or use industry, company specific case studies.
- Feedback – access to our systems, monthly reports and discussions with trainers.
- Customized and branded courseware also translated in several languages.
- Guest speakers and benchmarking site visits built into training sessions.
Curriculum and Course Format
Instructor-led Live Virtual Sessions
Action Learning Project (ALP)
ALP Tollgate Review
Estimated time to complete
Customize your team training experience
Choice of delivery format (E-Learning, Virtual, Face-to-Face or a mix of all three).
Delivered when, where, and how you want it.
Full-scale programme development.
Expert team coaching.
A dedicated online learning environment for your organization.
Progress tracking towards project completion and certification.
Do you have a training need or a group project
you want to talk to us about
The quickest, easiest and most engaging way to get individuals and companies on track with Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools.